For compilers see the resources section in my homepage.
· Induction Lectures (as given by Dr. Brian Bramer).
· Lectures 1 and 2 (Week 1): Revision of Induction. Programming: Behind The Scenes.
· Lectures 3 and 4 (Week 2): Programming: The Memory Map Model. (for reference: PIC165x manual in Microchip's website)
· Lectures 5 and 6 (Week 3): Configuring Peripherals using The Memory Map Model. (for reference: PIC16F690 manual in Microchip's website)
· Lectures 7 and 8 (Week 4): Programming: The Whole Story
· Lectures 9 and 10 (Week 5): Overview Of some Current Systems
Structured Computer Organization - (5th Ed.) – Andrew S Tanenbaum - Prentice Hall, 2006
MICROPROCESSORS AND INTERFACING Programming and Hardware, 2nd Ed., Douglas V. HALL, McGraw-Hill
Useful links for the coursework:
8051 full Reference Manual
8051 Data Sheet
EdSim51 website Help on Serial Ports
EdSim51 website Help List (for Assembler and other ports)
Additional Links on serial port communications: